Dosage and Directions
- instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) up to four times daily
- children under 6 years of age: ask a doctor
For external use only.
Ask a doctor before use
- if you have narrow angle glaucoma
When using this product
- pupils may become enlarged temporarily
- to avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Replace cap after using.
- if solution changes color or becomes cloudy, do not use
- overuse may produce increased redness of the eye
- remove contact lenses before using
Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience
- eye pain
- changes in vision
- continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Do not use if plastic bottle wrap is broken or missing.
- store at 15-30°C (59-86°F)
This is the latest labeling information, and may not be the same as that on product packaging. If differences exist between this labeling and the labeling on the product packaging, this website labeling should be considered the most current.
Last update: 8/23/12
What causes eyes to turn red?
Eyes become red when blood vessels in the eye expand more than normal and are thus more noticeable. Many factors can cause redness including rubbing the eyes, lack of sleep, pollen, dust, hot and dry weather, excessive sunlight or animal hair.
Should I talk to my eye doctor before using Colirio Ocusan®?
Colirio Ocusan® is available without a prescription. However, if an ophthalmologist, optometrist or doctor is treating you for an eye condition, please talk to him or her before starting to use Colirio Ocusan®.
Can I use an expired bottle of Colirio Ocusan®?
No. All drug products should be used before the expiration date. DLC Laboratories, Inc. has
not studied the safety and effectiveness of any of our products beyond the expiration date. Therefore, please discard any expired Colirio Ocusan® and obtain a new bottle.
Can regular use of Colirio Ocusan® damage my vision?
Colirio Ocusan® will not damage vision when used as directed. Please refer to and follow the directions and the warnings on the box for specific information.
Can I use Colirio Ocusan® if I have glaucoma?
Please talk to your doctor before using Colirio Ocusan® if you have glaucoma.
Last update: 2/1/18